For Fenway Library Consortium & COF
What are the FLC, COF, and FLO?
- Fenway Library Consortium (FLC)
- The FLC is a cooperating group of libraries in the Boston area.
- Students, faculty, and staff (for academic libraries) and library card holders (for public libraries) may visit and borrow materials from any of the member libraries.
- Colleges of the Fenway (COF)
- The COF is is a collaborative group of six neighboring Boston-based colleges in the Fenway area.
- All COF members are members of the Fenway Library Consortium, so Simmons students and employees may borrow from COF libraries and vice versa.
- COF students registered for courses at Simmons College have the same Library privileges as Simmons students. Cross-registered students must obtain a Simmons photo ID and a Simmons email username and password in order to access course reserves, use e-resources off campus, and borrow Library materials. Simmons IDs may be obtained from the Campus Card Office.
- Fenway Libraries Online (FLO)
- FLO is a group of academic and special libraries in the Boston/Cambridge area that share a catalog.
- Simmons College is not a member of FLO, so materials from the Simmons Library are not in the FLO catalog.
- Most FLO members are members of the Fenway Library Consortium, so Simmons students and employees may borrow from most FLO libraries and vice versa.
Visiting the Library
Fenway Library Consortium members are welcome to visit the Library during the following hours, when the building is open to the public:
- Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 7:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Please complete the Simmons Library Request for Access form in order to set up an appointment to access the library during closed building hours or at the during peak use periods. Peak use periods include December and April 15 - May 12.
FLC members must present an ID or library card from their home institution to check out materials. A Simmons Library barcode will be placed on the card.
Please contact the Circulation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-2780 with questions about borrowing, renewing, and returning Library materials.
- Checkout Location
Library materials may be checked out at the Circulation Desk on Level 1.
- Loan Periods & Overdues
- Books: 28 days with 3 renewals
- Diversions Books: 28 days with 3 renewals
- Audio CDs: 7 days with 3 renewals
- DVDs and VHS Cassettes: 7 days with 1 renewal
The Library emails reminder notices for overdue items. When an item is 45 days overdue, an additional replacement charge will be billed to your Library account.
- Renewing & Returning
To renew items, please contact the Circulation Desk at 617-521-2780 or email@example.com. Items that other Library users have requested and other high-demand items are unavailable for renewal.
Items may be returned:
- To the Circulation Desk
- To the book drop in Lefavour Hall, Level G (across from the restrooms)
- By mail to:
Library Circulation Desk
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
FLC members may access Simmons e-resources in the Library. Remote access is not available to FLC members due to vendor restrictions.
Please see your home library for remote access to e-resources. The Boston Public Library also provides remote access to e-resources for all Massachusetts residents.