Undergraduate students who are within eight semester hours of completing their baccalaureate degree may petition to participate in the May Commencement ceremony. The following rules apply:
- Students must be within two courses of degree completion.
- Students who wish to participate in Commencement must complete a Petition to Participate in Commencement, available from the Office of the Registrar.
- Students who complete their work at institutions other than Simmons must complete the official transfer of credit petition, obtain the necessary signatures, and make certain that their official transcript reaches the Simmons College registrar before their official conferral date. Degree conferral dates are the third Friday of August, third Friday of October, third Friday of January and the third Friday in May.
- Degrees completed over the summer will be awarded in August or October.
- Students who do not complete their work over the summer months must apply for a leave of absence no later than September 15.