The Simmons School of Management is committed to the advancement of knowledge and practice in management through excellence in education and research in the fields of business and management, health care administration and communications management. Our academic programs offer rigorous, applied, management education designed for men and women. We focus on leadership and creating leaders for jobs in the real world. Our programs integrate the strategic, functional, and behavioral aspects of management. SOM students gain the knowledge, analytical skills, and confidence that they need to manage successfully in dynamic and global environments. SOM invests in our students' success and supports them as they launch, advance, and change their careers.
- Management education that is strategic, rigorous, and experience-based.
- Decision-making that is underpinned by critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Problem-solving capability in complex environments under uncertain conditions.
- Thought leadership and cutting-edge practice in analyzing, understanding, and addressing gender and diversity dynamics in organizations.
- Ethical and socially responsible management practices that enhance both the performance of organizations and the welfare of society.
- Innovation, change leadership, and entrepreneurship in the for-profit, not-for-profit, health care and governmental sectors.
- Faculty excellence in teaching and the thoughtful integration of research and teaching.
- The diversity of our students and the value that diversity brings to improving effectiveness in both the classroom and the organization.
- Continuous improvement of teaching and the learning experience in response to a changing environment.
- A dynamic and committed community of faculty and staff
- A vibrant network of students, alumnae, employers, and partners as critical resource for individuals and for the School.
SOM Student Services
Listed below are offices at the SOM established to support students throughout their studies and create a positive student experience.
SOM Academic Programs Office-Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA), BSBA/MBA, BSBA/MSM, Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Health Care Masters of Business Administration (HCMBA), Masters in Management (MSM), Masters in Communications Management (MCM), and Masters in Health Administration (MHA) Offsite Program at Winchester Hospital
The SOM Academic Programs Office is the liaison between SOM graduate and UG students and the administrative and faculty offices at Simmons College. The Programs Office coordinates all undergraduate and graduate program operations, class registration and scheduling, assists the faculty on textbooks orders, course materials, e-learning and e-reserves, coordinates UG Management academic advising, and assists with graduation for all graduate programs and UG management program majors and minors. The Programs Office also works with Program Directors, Department Chairs and the Deans to build community within each program and as a School to create a positive student experience.
Catherine Robbins, Program Director, MBA in Health Care
Leslee DiGirolamo-Magee, Program Administrator
SOM Career Services Office (CSO)
The Career Services Office assists graduate students in the MBA, HCMBA, MCM, MSM and MHA offsite programs in their career planning and job searches. Throughout the year, the office schedules career-related programs and workshops and offers one-on-one coaching. In addition, the CSO offers these services:
- Coaching for career planning and strategizing
- Career Connect (online job database)
- Resume and cover letter advising
- Salary negotiation advising
- CSO recruiting and employer networking events
- Career panels and guest speakers
- Alumnae/i network referrals
- Information and invitations regarding external career events, locally and nationally
Agnes Ebbs, Director
Georgette Arato, Career Services Advisor
Liam Ross-Fitzgibbons, Coordinator
SOM Academic Calendar
Notes: In the academic year 2014-2015, evening classes may run on Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, President's and Patriots Day. Classes cancelled due to weather related events will be made up on Friday nights and/or Saturdays when possible.
The SOM follows the Simmons College calendar with the following exceptions:
- Foundations of Business for the MBA, HCMBA and MSM graduate programs will be August 26- September 3.
- January 15 Foundations of Business for MBA, HCMBA and MSM graduate programs will be January 10-15.
- Summer term for the SOM will have all courses end by August 21.
- Download the School of Management Academic Policy.